Money is a very common source of stress and unfortunately, many people can confirm that. Out of the eight top sources of stress in the US, five are finance-related, including money, the economy, work, job stability and housing expenses. Here are six ways to deal with stress caused by money.
1. Get to the root of the problem – identify what is it that you are stressed about. Once you do that, you can make a plan and take steps in order to solve it. Usually, the most overwhelming part of money stress is the fact that we do not know where to begin.
2. Reach out – it is important to talk with others and share your concerns, without the feeling of shame or self-criticism. By communicating with a friend, family member or your partner, you will not feel alone and they can help you to better handle the situation you are in.
3. Work out – exercise is one of the best things you can do for your physical and mental health. It makes you look and feel better and it will help you to overcome stressful situations easier.
4. Rest your eyes – eye strain is one of the common causes of migraines and headaches. By focusing on your computer too intensely or trying to get things done, you risk of suffering from an unwanted headache. Try to rest your eyes by taking mini breaks.
5. Change your eating habits – if you eat healthy, you will stay healthy, it is as simple as that. In turn, this will help you to deal with whatever comes your way.
6. Get enough sleep – equally important as eating right and exercising, getting 7 to 9 hours of sleep every night is key to feeling good, both mentally and physically.