Fruits have their own nutrients which are essential for the body. While their consumption is healthy, it is also important to know about the right way to consume them. There are chances that the way of eating them might reduce its nutrient effect. Here are a few dos and donts that you need to keep in mind while you are consuming fruits.
- Avoid overripe fruits – Overripe fruits can contain more sugar and less nutrition. The best time to eat the fruit is when it’s ripeness is at its peak.
- Avoid mixing fruits with dairy – While this might not happen to all, there are chances that combination of fruits with dairy could result in a stomach problem. Here you need to observe how your body reacts to such combinations and think before you consume such foods items.
- Avoid too much of fruit juices – It is healthy to indulge in drinking fruit juices once in a while. But too much if it can lead to a spike in blood sugar levels. The best way to include fruits in your diet is to eat the fruit whole as they contain all the minerals and fibre.
- Always wash your fruits before consuming – Not doing so might expose you towards unwanted germs and chemicals. Make sure that you always wash the fruits properly before consuming.
- Avoid canned fruits – Canned fruits often contain preservatives, syrup or other agents that help to increase its shelf life. Such agents might not be good for the body. Alternatively, you can opt for frozen , unprocessed or fresh fruits.
- Consult while taking medications – Certain fruits might interfere with the ability of the drugs that you are consuming. It is always advisable to consult a doctor before consuming fruits with medications.
- As a meal – Consume fruits as a meal as they have high sugar content. It can be had as a meal or as a snack.
Photo Credits: Unsplash