There are a number of causes that can cause stomach or digestive problems. Some of the common digestive problems include gas, bloating, acid reflux, gas and stomach pain. Although the foods that affect the digestive system can be individualized. While one food could affect one person, the same could be fine for another. So basically a person needs to listen to their respective bodies for what bothers them and what does not. Still here we will be looking in to a list of foods that could make you prone to digestive issues.
- Deep fried foods – Deep fried foods can make you prone to stomach ache or even diarrhea. Alternatively, you could shallow fry in a pan instead of deep frying with little oil. Even an air fryer is also a great option that can give you a great taste with no oil.
- Sugar alcohols – There are a number of products in the market like sugar-free food like candy, gum, which are made of sugar alcohol. Such products tend to cause gas and leads to an upset stomach.
- Citrus fruits – Surprised? Yes some of the highly acidic fruits like oranges, lemon and grapefruit can lead to problems like heart-burn in some people. This happens as the citrus foods relax the esophagus and can cause heartburn. The acid slows the stomach from emptying.
- Peppermint – pepper mint relaxes the esophageal sphincter that lies between the stomach and the esophagus. When the sphincter relaxes the acid in the stomach can go back to the esophagus leading to indigestion and heartburn.
- Beans – These contain non-digestible, fermentable fibres that can cause gas that can lead to abdominal discomfort.
- Spicy food – There are people who can be sensitive towards spicy foods and can lead to heartburn or acid reflux.
- Chocolate – Another surprising food that could be added to the list is chocolate. Some people can be sensitive to chocolate as well. If this happens then it is recommended to limit the consumption of it.
Photo Credits: Unsplash