Bone nutrition is one of the most important things that people need to look in to health wise. Many people associate consumption of milk with strong bones, but there are other foods as well that are good sources of calcium. Such foods are good for those who are lactose intolerant people. 99 percent of the calcium in the body is stored in the bones. For proper consumption of calcium Vitamin D plays a vital role. Here we will be discussing about a few foods other than milk which are good for the bone health.
- Soy milk – This is a great dairy-free drink which is still rich in calcium and also contains protein. Health experts have said that soy milk can be good for the bone health and significantly reduces risk of bone fractures. Foods made from soy are also good for women with postmenopausal symptoms.
- Prunes – Prunes are not just great for the gut health, but is also great in building bone health, especially around the hip area which prone to fractures. There are certain nutrients that are found in prunes which are good for the bone health.
- Sardines – One of the healthiest kind of seafood which is highly nutritious and supports bone health. It not just has calcium but also contains Vitamin D which makes it the perfect super food. These are often found tinned which makes them convenient with a good shelf life apart from being affordable.
- Eggs – The most versatile foods that can be consumed are eggs. They are great source for protein and vitamin D. There are studies that mention that egg consumption help in improving bone density.
- Green leafy vegetables – Green vegetables and fruits are also great source for calcium and also contain iron, vitamin C and Vitamin K that can be found in Sweet potatoes, bell peppers, dark green leafy vegetables, oranges, bananas and artichokes.
Photo Credits: Unsplash