The year 2023 is here and it is time to make the right choices for yourself in terms of health, nutrition and mental health. In this current era, which could also be called as the COVID recovery era, many people often talk about feeling overwhelmed easily. The past few years have not been easy on many people due to the constant fear of being infected and being concerned for your loved ones. But a few dietary changes can help to deal with such issues. Here we will be mentioning about a few nutrition rich foods that are proven to be good for brain health. They are also helpful to improve your longevity, mood and energy levels.
- Fish – Fish contains Omega 3 fatty acids and can be found in abundance in salmon and sardines. They also help in reducing the risk of heart ailments. Omega is also associated with improved brain health and reduces the risk of developing issues like depression. Fishes are also rich in Vitamin B12 which is associated with improved mood.
- Dairy and plant based milk – Milk and other plant-based milk products are rich in vitamin D nutrient. The nutrient can also be absorbed through sun and has a number of health benefits. It also helps in improving the immune system, strengthens bones and improves brain function.
- Beans – beans are rich in fiber and protein. It is a is vegetable that stands out to be an important source of protein to an extent that it could also be a substitute to animal protein. Experts have recommended eating beans on an everyday basis to achieve longevity.
- Tea – A cup of tea makes you feel warm and cozy and a research has also shown that it is also associated with a decrease in the risk of dying from a heart ailment.
- Spices – Some of the spices like turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and garlic have anti-inflammatory properties. Inflammation in the body for a long period of time can lead to stress – physically as well as mentally.
Photo Credits: Unsplash