Chia seeds come from a flowering plant of the mint family and are one of the most nutritious things that you can find in your pantry. They are rich in omega 3 fatty acids, antioxidants, fibre and is very versatile in nature. It also contains calcium, protein and manganese and are gluten free. Here we will be discussing about some of the unknown benefits of including chia seeds in your everyday diet.
- Reduces inflammation in the body – Inflammation in the body is never good and can cause a havoc in the body. It could lead to joint pains, cholesterol and can also cause hormonal imbalances. Chia seeds are anti-inflammatory in nature and adding them in your diet helps to reduce any kind of inflammation in the body.
- Provides plant-based protein – People who are vegan and do not consume milk, eggs or meat for protein can rely on chia seeds as it is a good supplement. One serving of the seeds provides 5 grams of protein.
- Manages blood sugar levels – The seeds help to improve the insulin sensitivity and thus stabilizes the blood sugar levels in the body. It also reduces the chances of a spike or a crash that are experienced by some people after meals. It is also great for people who are diabetic. Soaked chia seeds can be added to salads, smoothies, salad dressings and more.
- Gut friendly – The seeds is great in fibre content and most of it is insoluble which allows it to add bulk to the stool and leads to a smooth bowel movement. It cleans up your gut and prevents built up of toxins in the body.
- Supports in weight loss – People who are looking towards weight loss can add chia seeds in their everyday diet. It helps to keep you full for a longer time and prevents you from consuming excess calories.
Photo Credits: Pixabay