Summer is here and it is time you switch eating a few summer fruits that would not just contribute towards your health, but will also contribute towards the betterment of your skin. Fruits are always good for the health and provide the much needed energy and fibre essential for the body. It is also the best food that can be had while you are fasting or are trying to lose weight. Here are the summer fruits that you should indulge in.
1. Oranges – These contain vitamin C in abundance and the citrusy fruit helps in reducing the dark spots and also removes the signs of premature ageing. It not just hydrates the skin, but also gives a glowing skin while improving your skin texture as well.
2. Mangoes – Mango is the king of all fruits and a good summer fruit. But make sure that you consume mangoes with limitations as they are tempting, but have high sugar content. The fruit contains vitamins A, C and E and aids in reducing any inflammation hydrates the skin.
3. Watermelon – The best way to remain hydrated this summer is by consuming watermelons. The fruit has 92 percent of water content and contains vitamins C, A, B1 and B6. These vitamins are great to reduce the fine lines on the skin.
4. Tomatoes – Tomatoes might be used as a vegetable in a number of Asian cuisines, but is actually a fruit that is packed with anti-oxidants and vitamin C. Consuming this fruit on an everyday basis raw can help in reducing the pore size on the skin. It also helps to fight acne and also soothes sunburns.
5. Avocados – People who wish to have a well-moisturized skin can consume avocados. These are loaded with polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids, dietary fibres, lutein and zeaxanthin that soothes the skin that is damaged from skin damage.
Apart from consuming these summer fruits, you could alternatively apply fruits as face masks.
Photo Credits: Pixabay