The market has a number of beauty products and many of them are trending for being popular. However, not many realize that although the products are beneficial for the skin in a number of ways, but they also have the potential to harm the skin. It could be due to a number of reasons like harmful ingredients or serums that can irritate the skin or certain ingredients that people can be allergic from. Here we will be taking a closer look at the cosmetic products that are used on a regular basis but might not be worth a buy.
1. Cleansing devices – The market has a number of cleansing devices used to exfoliate the skin. Such devices are meant to be used once or twice a week. Everyday usage of such devices could lead to over-exfoliation and make the skin sensitive.
2. Sheet masks – One of the most popular cosmetic items in the market. But not many are aware that they are often made from synthetic material like nylon, microfibers or polyester. This material is soaked in serums that are made of thick silicones. This is equal to have a layer of chemicals on the skin.
3. Essential oils –Essential oils are known for being good alternatives to other hydrating products. If you want to use essential oils on the skin, then make sure that it is mixed with carrier oil. Applying them directly can cause allergic reactions.
4. Jade rollers – It is actually a stone that is always cold and massaging it on the skin helps to reduce the redness on a temporary basis. But it is also a fact that using a jade roller could help to reduce fine lines.
5. Face mist – It is a thermal water that is sprayed on the skin to give your skin some hydration. But after the solution dries off, it could end up being more dehydrated.
6. Feminine wash – Health experts have warned that usage of intimate hygiene cleansers increases the risk of bacterial and fungal infection.
Photo Credits: Pixabay