A Garage sale is always lucrative to find great stuff at incredible prices. Most of the time the items found here are used but the sellers offer a great deal to make it completely unavoidable and lucrative. However, one has to be careful before picking up stuff from such garage sales. Here is a list of things that you need to avoid to purchase from a garage sale.
1. Cosmetics – Who does not want to grab some amazing designer cosmetics at a great price. But beware before you pick-up make-up stuff or skin care products as they all have a shelf life. The products like eye-shadows, concealers, blush or lipsticks have a year-long shelf life and or may be two.
2. Car seats – Purchasing a second hand car seat can prove to be a safety hazard and might not be a safe choice for your child. Even the car seats come with an expiry date that typically remains between 6 to 10 years from the date of manufacture.
3. Mattresses –A new mattress can be expensive but a second hand mattress can be bugs infested and can create havoc if you bring it home. These bugs are shy in nature and are not visible to the naked eye.
4. Non-stick pans – Non-stick pans also have a short life as their Teflon coating wears off with frequent use. If you want a new pan, do not pick it up from a garage sale and buy a new one instead.
5. Running shoes – Finding a designer pair of running shoes at a garage sale can be a great deal. Shoes tend to mold to the wearer’s feet with time and might not fit you properly.
6. Baby cribs – Buying a new baby gear can be expensive and it can be tempting to find one that has been used for a short time. But parents have to consider that used baby gear can pose potential safety concerns. It is important to create a safe environment for the baby.
Photo Credits: Pixabay