The refrigerator has become one of the basic appliances that is found in every household. Due to this people in recent times have made it a habit of storing nearly every food item in the refrigerator with an intention to make it last for a longer time. But that is not the fact and there are a number of food items that you need not toss in to the refrigerator. Here is a list of food items that can be kept outside in the kitchen cabinet as well.
1. Exotic fruits – Some of the fruits like mangoes, bananas, papayas and other tropical fruits need warm temperature. Low temperature ruins that appearance and can turn them dark. It also changes their texture.
2. Bell peppers – Bell peppers can be kept in the kitchen drawer or in a paper bag. They lose their freshness and crispiness if they are tossed in the fridge.
3. Sauces – Sauces like soy sauce, tomato ketchup, mustard sauce and other spicy sauces can be kept in the kitchen cabinet even if they have been opened.
4. Chocolate – Chocolates should never be stored in the fridge. It not just absorbs the other scents inside, but the moisture also gives it a white coating. That is actually the sugar that comes to the surface.
5. Butter – This might surprise many people, but butter can be kept outside. It mainly contains fat and can be safely kept at room temperature for at least a few days.
6. Bread – A number of people keep bread in the fridge to keep it from becoming stale. Tossing them in to the fridge dries it out faster. You can keep it in the bread box instead.
7. Sealed soda or soft drinks – Soft drinks which are sealed, can be kept in warm places as well. You just have to make sure that there are no sudden changes in temperature and it can remain fresh for many months.
Photo Credits: Pixabay