Laundry is an essential job that you can never escape and will have to deal with it at some point of time. The market is crowded with a number of detergents of different quality that helps to deal with the stains, whites and colors. Not many knew that certain ingredients that are used in the kitchen could also be used for laundry. Here is a list of ingredients that can be a great companion while doing laundry.
1. Salt – One of the basic ingredients in the kitchen is useful not just to make some popcorn, but can also be used to get rid of certain stains from the clothes. It can be used to remove gravy stains, grease stains and even blood stains. For a grease stain, you need to cover it with plenty of salt and keep it aside so that the salt absorbs all the grease. Just brush it off to remove the stain.
2. Lemon juice – This can be used for the white clothes and a few slices of it can be tossed in the machine. It deals well with the white clothes and removes the dullness and also gets rid of the stains. It works like a bleach.
3. Baking soda – This can be used to wash your regular clothes and can also be used to wash the rags. Add half a cup of baking soda to the regular wash cycle of your washing machine.
4. Mouthwash – This is a great ingredient that can be used for the gym socks to make them smell fresh and clean. Make sure you are using a sugarless version and pour a cup of it to the washing cycle.
5. Essential oils – This is a great ingredient that can be used during the rainy season. During the last cycle of the washing machine, you can add a few drops of essential oil. It will help to get rid of the damp smell.
Photo Credits: Pixabay