Coconut oil is a very simple and low-cost ingredient that is also easily available. However, not many people are aware of its beauty benefits. It is not just for oiling hair for a healthy hair growth, but is so versatile that it could be used in a number of ways that many could not even have imagined. Here we will be discussing a few more ways coconut oil can be beneficial for the skin.
1. As a make-up remover – People who use expensive make-up removers can try a hand with coconut oil. You just need some warm or room temperature coconut oil on a cotton bud and wipe it all over your face, lips and eye-lids to remove all the make-up. It works better than the regular make-up removers. Just make sure that you also wash your face with a mild face wash to remove the excess oil.
2. Moisturizer – People who have excessive dry skin or suffer from dry skin during winters can try coconut oil as a moisturizer on their hands and legs. It contains linoleic and lauric that helps to prevent dryness.
3. Fades stretch marks – It is known for its collagen boosting functions. It helps to plump up the ageing skin and reduces wrinkles. You just need to apply a thin layer of coconut oil on an everyday basis to see best results.
4. Fights bad breathe – Every morning, you can take a tablespoon of coconut oil in your mouth and keep swishing it for five minutes before spitting it out. This not just prevents cavities but also removes bad breathe.
5. Cracked heels – You can apply the oil on the cracked heels before going to bed. Optionally you can cover your feet with a cotton cloth or socks so you can avoid the messiness.
6. Fights dandruff – Dandruff can be a very irritating and embarrassing condition. Coconut oil extract has anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties. Combine the oil with a few drops of tea tree oil and massage on the scalp regularly.
Photo Credits: Pixabay