It has been more than a year and a half since the world has been dealing with the coronavirus pandemic. One thing that the virus has taught everyone is to keep up your immunity. While a number of people across the globe escaped the virus due to a strong immunity, there are still a number of people who have a poor immunity and need to be careful for the future waves. Here are a few tips for people with poor immune system as to what foods they can include in their everyday diet.
1. Spinach – Spinach is packed with anti-oxidants which are essential to keep up the immunity levels. It is best to consume spinach after it is blanched or steamed. If you are eating them raw, make sure that they are organic. Raw spinach can have pesticides which can be washed off only after cooking it.
2. Ginger – Ginger is a spice which again has high content of anti-oxidants and gingerols. These contents help to naturally boost the immune system and also deal with any kind of inflammation. This can be added to your tea or any food preparation.
3. Almonds – This is a simple yet a nutritious dry fruit that is rich in vitamin E, protein and iron, which are all important to have a strong immune system. You can eat 5 to 6 almonds on an everyday basis, preferably on an empty stomach or with a salad.
4. Turmeric – Turmeric is a spice which is commonly used in a number of cuisines in South Asia. It is a natural anti-biotic and also contains curcumin that reduces inflammation and ups the immune game of the body. Add a pinch of it to your food or a glass of hot milk.
5. Sunflower and pumpkin seeds – Sunflower and pumpkin seeds contain fatty acids vitamins and other nutrients that improve the immune system. However, before consuming them, make sure that you are not allergic to them.
Photo Credits: Pixabay