Skin Congestion is when the surface of the skin seems rough and dull to touch. It could be full of black heads, whiteheads along with clogged pores. The clogged pores are bumps that lie under the skin and later convert into acne breakouts. It can be caused due to a build-up of dead cells, sebum or sweat in the pores. There could be a number of reasons why they happen. One of the major reason is improper skincare. Even the silicones and oils in the make-up products contribute to such problems. Here are a few ways to deal with skin congestion.
1. Take a look at your diet – Skin congestion mostly happens when your diet is mostly consisted of refined carbohydrates, processed food or dairy. Such foods lead to an increase in the release of insulin and could lead to clogged pores. Refined oils also lead to an increased insulin secretion on the other hand healthy fats have a beneficial effect on the skin.
2. Exfoliate regularly – Make sure that you exfoliate your skin on a regular basis but make sure that the exfoliation is gentle and do not use high abrasive scrubs.
3. Be careful with oily skin – If you have an oily skin then make sure that that you select skin cleansers which have retinol that helps to relieve skin congestion.
4. Double cleanse in the night – All the make-up on the face that is applied, has to be removed by the end of the day. Double cleansing the face and applying a night cream can do wonders to the skin.
5. Chemical peels – There are a number of professionals who are good at skin peeling treatments. Ingredients like glycolic acid, salicylic acid and mandelic acid are used in the process to get rid of the debris. It not just treats but also prevents skin congestion. The sessions can be done once in 10 to 15 days.
Photo Credits: Pixabay