It is a common issue to have sleep problems and is faced by a number of people. There could be a number of reasons behind it. It could be due to the lifestyle or are not able to fall asleep quickly. Usually, such problems disappear after some time but even after making lifestyle changes if such instances continue then it could be a warning sign. Here are a few signs that you might be having a sleep disorder.
1. You take longer than 30 minutes to fall asleep – Under normal circumstances, people should fall asleep within half an hour after a long hard day of work. But if you are taking longer than 30 minutes to fall asleep, then it could be a warning sign that you should look in to.
2. Fatigue – Even after having a good 7 to 8 hours of sleep, if you are fatigued or are irritable, then it could be a sign of some underlying condition or could indicate towards a sleep disorder.
3. Waking up middle of the night – Typically, a normal person after fallen asleep wakes up only in the morning. But if you are waking up a number of times in the middle of the night then it could be a warning sign.
4. Frequent naps – If you are taking frequent naps during the day time, then this could also be a warning sign.
5. You make long snoring noises during sleep – During sleep a person who makes long and unusual noises while snoring, then it can also be a cause of concern.
There could be a number of causes like anxiety, high blood pressure, Asthma, poor sleep pattern, poor lifestyle habits, excessive stress or a nasal inflammation. If you are facing one of the above symptoms then it is advised that you don’t ignore the problem and consult a doctor or a physician at the earliest.
Photo Credits: Pixabay