Skin care products make a huge market and it has become a fad especially among the youngsters and people in their 30s and 40s to invest heavily in skincare products that make them look great. The fact is that it is actually possible to look great even without skincare and make-up products. The skin becomes habitual leaving it dependent on such products. Here are a few ways you can have a great skin without using any skincare products.
1. Avoid sun – Sun is one of the major factors that leads to skin damage. The harmful UV Rays tend to penetrate the skin and leads to dryness and flaky skin. Avoiding the sun will also prevent pigmentation. If you have to go out, you can cover the exposed portions of the skin with a light colored or a white scarf.
2. Drink plenty of water – Hydrating your body with plenty of fluids and citrus fruits helps to keep the skin healthy and moist. Fruits like oranges, strawberries, lemon and tomatoes are rich in vitamin C and also contain anti-oxidants. Alternatively keep sipping water through the day and the effect will show on your face.
3. Give up on make-up products – It is tough to give up using make-up products, but the fact is that applying make-up on the face blocks the pores of the skin. Many times people forget to remove the make-up and this is when fine lines begin to appear.
4. Keep your gut healthy – A bad stomach and a gut shows its effects on the face with acne and pimples. Eating greens and food containing plenty of fibre helps to keep the gut healthy.
5. Get enough sleep – Lack of sleep shows on the skin in forms of dark circles below the eyes and fine lines. Getting ample sleep keeps your mental health and the skin healthy and glowing. It also helps to improve the melatonin levels that act as anti-oxidants.
Photo Credits: Pixabay