A microwave oven is indeed a blessing for any household and bachelors. It is a great device to heat your food or make the leftovers fresh and edible again. However, not many are aware that apart from heating food, the microwave oven can be used for a number of other things as well. Here is a list of things that your microwave oven can do apart from heating food.
1. Makes crisps crunchy – If your crisps have turned stale and soggy due to the weather, you can just toss them in to the microwave and leave it for 30 seconds . Your favourite crisps will become crisp again like a fresh packet of crisps.
2. Can peel garlic cloves – Peeling garlic is indeed a tedious task. But you need to just wrap the garlic cloves in to a tissue and microwave it for ten seconds. The tissue absorbs the moisture and it will become easy for you to peel the garlic.
3. Can steam vegetables – Microwave can steam the vegetables much faster than it can be done on regular gas stove. You Just need to place the vegetables on a microwave safe plate and cover it with a few layers of damp paper towels. Microwave them for nearly 4 to 5 minutes and the vegetables will turn soft and tender.
4. Peel tomatoes – Making tomato puree is a task as you need to peel the tomatoes. Just cut the tomatoes in to half and toss them in to the microwave for five minutes. The tomato peel will come off with ease.
5. Thawing – Thawing meat products is a task and microwave can do it fast. Keep the frozen chicken in a microwave safe bowl and put it in the microwave for nearly 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Make popcorn – There are microwave friendly packets that are available in the market that can be just put in to the microwave directly. Within 2 to 3 minutes fresh and crunchy popcorn is ready within the ready packets.
Photo Credits: Pixabay