Hair wash is a very routine process and is a must to maintain the health and hygiene of the hair and scalp. Not many are aware that you need to take care of a few points while you are washing your hair. There are certain dos and donts that you need to follow in order to get that shine and a bouncy look. Here are a few points that you need to take care while washing your hair.
1. Use cold or luke warm water – it is indeed a relaxing idea to have a hot water bath especially during winter season, but it is only going to damage the hair leaving it dry and brittle. As far as possible make use of fold water or at least luke warm water as it helps the seal the moisture.
2. Use a hosiery cloth to wipe – Instead of a towel, you could use a hosiery cloth like a t-shirt to wipe your hair. Make sure that you don’t rub it and just wipe it in a straight pattern. Do not aggressively rub the hair, but you can gently pat it in an attempt to dry it.
3. Apply conditioner to the ends – People who have an oily scalp should make sure to condition the ends of the hair and not the scalp. You can leave the conditioner for as long as possible to have a silky smooth texture.
4. Massage the scalp – When you are applying the shampoo, make sure that you massage your scalp with the help of your fingertips. Your scalp has the most oil on it and it needs to be cleaned thoroughly in a circular motion. You need to get rid of all the dirt and oil from the scalp to allow the growth of hair and maintain its health.
5. Do not wash your hair every day – Washing your hair on an everyday basis deprives the scalp from the natural oils that it secretes. It is advisable to wash your hair twice a week or once in two days.
Photo Credits: Pixabay