Green chilly is a common spice component that is commonly used in Asian cuisines. People who are fond of spicy food might be familiar with this particular ingredient and might also be knowing about its various uses. However, not many might be aware of its health benefits. Including green chillies in everyday diet is indeed beneficial for health. Here are some of the health benefits of adding green chillies to your food on an everyday basis.
1. Improves body metabolism – Body metabolism helps the body to cut on the extra fat and aids in weight loss. It has the ability to increase the metabolism by at least 50 percent for the next three hours after you have had your meal. An increased metabolism is always better for people who are trying to lose weight and also helps to fight infectious diseases.
2. Reduces the risk of heart diseases – Green chillies help to get rid of any clots on the blood and this in turn helps to reduce the risk of heart diseases. The content in the chillies reduces the chances of having any atherosclerosis which emits the risk of any other risk of heart problems.
3. Helps to prevent flu like diseases – Including this ingredient in your everyday diet can help you to deal with problems like common cold and serious sinus issues as it has a stimulating effect on the mucus membrane of the nose.
4. Works as a mood booster – This is a quality that not many might be aware of as green chillies help to release endorphins and makes you feel energized and active. It also helps in giving you the energy and also helps in reducing the feeling of lethargy.
5. Beneficial for diabetic patients – Diabetic patients can consume these as it helps to balance the blood sugar levels .
6. Improves skin quality – These help to keep your skin healthy and glowing as it contains vitamin C along with beta-carotene.
Photo Credits: Pixabay