Apple cider vinegar is a very versatile ingredient and has a number of properties. It is made from apples and yeast and is used in a number of ways. It helps in weight loss and also helps to lower the blood sugar levels. There are also a number of scientific studies that mention that it is beneficial for the health in a number of ways. But not many are aware that Apple cider vinegar also has a few side effects and can have some adverse effects on the body.
1. It can cause gastroparesis – Apple cider vinegar prevents the spike of blood sugar and also reduces the rate at which the food shifts to the lower digestive track from the stomach. Such a condition can cause gastroparesis which is also a common condition in people who suffer from type 1 diabetes.
2. Problems with digestion – The ingredient is helpful in weight loss for the reason, it suppresses the hunger and can even cause loss of appetite. It makes you feel full for a longer time and due to that the person consumes lesser calories.
3. Dental problems – This kind of vinegar is acidic in nature and such foods or beverages can damage the tooth enamel that can cause sensitivity in the teeth. ACV contains acetic acid which can lead to such problems.
4. Burning sensation on the skin – Some people can experience burning sensation on the skin when applied directly. It is the acetic acid that burns the skin and a number of studies have also suggested that it can lead to such problems on the skin.
5. Loss of potassium in blood and bone loss – A number of reports have said that if a person consumed large portions of ACV it could lower the level of potassium in the blood which could lead to bone loss or bone brittleness.
Photo Credits: Pixabay