Fullers earth is a versatile ingredient that is beneficial for the skin as well as the hair. It looks and feels like clay and gains an elastic texture when it is mixed with water or rose water. A number of people use it as one of the main ingredients of a face mask. It helps to remove all the impurities, oil and dirt from the skin and also has the abilities to reduce wrinkles and prevents ageing. Here are some of the benefits of fullers earth that not many are aware of.
1. Helps to reduce inflammation – People who are suffering from acne, can try on some fullers earth as it has a cooling effect and dramatically reduces the inflammation while soothing acne. It calms the skin.
2. Improves blood circulation – It helps to improve the blood circulation which helps to improve the metabolism of the body. When the blood circulation improves, the body slowly gets rid of all the dead skin.
3. Reduces pigmentation – Constant exposure to sun or harsh climate conditions can lead to pigmentation. The clay like ingredient can be mixed with coconut water, some sugar to make a paste. Apply the mixture like a face mask and leave it on till it dries.
4. Antiseptic – Fullers earth might be a common ingredient, but not many are aware that it also has antiseptic properties and can treat wounds and cuts. The paste cab be applied to the wounds or injuries and it will heal faster.
5. Good for treating allergies – This is also a great ingredient for people who have a sensitive skin or suffer from a few allergies. It can be mixed with rosewater to make a paste and apply it on the affected area.
Overall it is highly beneficial for people who have skin-related problems. It is best for people who have oily skin, or even seasonal oily skin. Fullers earth soaks the extra oil from the skin and makes the skin glow.
Photo Credits: Pixabay