Cosmetics are a very integral part of any woman’s wardrobe. Without make-up the actual charm of the entire outfit makes it meaningless. People across the globe spend a lot on their make-up products but not many are aware that all the make-up products have a limited shelf life. However, if one might have noticed, the make-up products in the market do not mention an expiry date, so it is essential to have an idea as to when to change your make-up essentials. Here are some of the make-up essentials that could be used only up to a limited time.
1. Foundation – If you are using a water based foundation, make sure that you use it up within a year of usage. If you use your foundation everyday, then it is best as it can get used up soon before it expires. Cream based foundations can last up to 18 months.
2. Mascara – You need to be very careful with your mascara. They last for three to six months and they can be more prone to bacteria development. If you are developing eye infections, discard your mascara, even if your product has not expired.
3. Blushers and eye shadows – They have the same shelf life and can last for up to 2 years and the cream based blushers can last for about 18 months. Discard it, even if the color of it changes.
4. Powder – If you use loose powder, it can last for two to three years and compact powder can have a shelf life for up to two years and can also become dryer with time. Change it even if the compact develops cracks.
5. Lipsticks – Lipsticks have a longer shelf life of about two years while a lip gloss can be used not more than 12 to 18 months. Discard them if there is a change in the color or smell.
6. Eye liners – Eye liners and lip liners have the same shelf life of two years.
Photo Credits: Pixabay