While you are decorating your house, one of the most important factors is the flooring. It is the everyday activities that take place on this flooring. While there are a number of things that go in terms of options. If you are considering to have a wooden flooring, then there are a few things that you need to know first.
1. Look out for the types of wood that are available – There are plenty of wood species that are available in the market. But the oak is the one that is commonly used for interior decoration. Usage of wood in interiors has been going on since olden days, but it has also become an integral part of the modern interiors. Some of the popular wood flooring include maple, walnut, ash, maple and birch.
2. Think before you install – it is wise to install wooden flooring in the hall room, but installing them in the washroom is a big no. Installation can be done yourself as well, but it is always better to hire a professional.
Maintenance of wooden floor
Wooden floors look beautiful but they are tough to maintain. If you want the flooring to last for a longer time, it is wise to follow a few instructions.
1. Wipe away any liquid spills – In case of any liquid spills, it is better to wipe if off immediately.
2. Do not allow the small dents to become deeper – These scratches and dents cannot be avoided, but you just need to make sure that you don’t allow them to go deeper. Also avoid moving heavy furniture on the wooden floor.
3. Do not use steam mop – for cleaning, it is not recommended to use a steam mop to clean the wooden floors. Use a soft bristle brush to dust it off and wipe with a cloth.
4. Always remove footwear while walking on the wooden floor as it can make it dirty.
Photo Credits: Pixabay