Lockdown was a time when a number of people tried to lose weight, but could not do it due to a number of reasons. One of the major reason was the fear of the pandemic and the fear of going out in the open to workout. If you are one of those who tried hard to lose weight but soon melted at the sight of a cookie. It is certainly not easy to give up on your favourite food, but the trick is to find the right food to eat. Here are a few foods that you can eat without any guilt of gaining weight.
1. Whole eggs – Eggs are stuffed with about nine essential amino acids which are nutritious. There are many studies that state that people who had whole eggs for breakfast, felt more satiated and ate less food for the next 36 hours.
2. Apple – An apple in a day not just keeps the doctor away, but also keeps weight away. They have high water content and are low on calories. It makes to feel full for a longer time and does not add on the extra calories.
3. Citrus fruits – Citrus fruits like oranges, grapefruits are weight loss friendly fruits and are also rich in pectin that slows down the process of digestion and gives a feeling of satiety.
4. Lean meat – It is always wise to have lean meat instead of the fatty ones. Lean meat have more protein content and makes you feel full for a longer time.
5. Popcorn – The only condition is to make popcorn without adding sugar or butter. Otherwise they are light and surprisingly healthy. Since it is whole grain, it contains a lot of fibre and is also a popular snack.
6. Vegetables – Vegetables are a blessing for those who want to lose some weight. They have high water content and fibre and makes you feel full for a longer time.
Photo Credits: Pixabay