Monsoon is a time when a number of people complain about hair fall issues. Not many are aware that people need to change the hair-care routine as the weather changes. However, it is normal to shed 50 to 60 hair strands per day during monsoon. But if that increases to 250 or more then it is time you pay some attention. Monsoon is a time when the atmosphere has a lot of moisture and the hair absorbs hydrogen and swells. Due to this it becomes frizzy and become prone to damage. Here are a few hair care tips that you need to follow during monsoon.
1. Do not wet your hair in rain –This is a very vital rule during monsoon and in terms of taking care of your hair. Rainwater is never pure and it has a number of pollutants mixed in it. The water causes the roots to weaken and leads to hair fall. If you like to walk in rain, carry and umbrella and protect your hair.
2. Avoid chemical treatments –During monsoon, avoid getting the chemical treatments like straitening, keratine, color treatments or perming. Such treatments make the hair oily and greasy and damage the hair and scalp while making it prone to damage.
3. Wash hair if you get drenched – If you get drenched in rain, then make sure that you come home and wash your hair and let it dry in natural air, DO not use a hair dryer or it will damage the hair follicles.
4. Warm oil massage – Give your scalp some nourishment. Twice a week, massage your scalp with some warm oil as it increases the blood circulation and let the oil sit for 2 to 3 hours. Wash off with a mild shampoo.
5. Select a shampoo and conditioner according to your hair type – It is important to identify your hair type. Buy a shampoo and a conditioner accordingly. For instance, if you have got dandruff, use an anti-dandruff shampoo.
Photo Credits: Pixabay