Not many are aware that there are certain foods that are consumed by humans but are not safe for consumption by their pet dogs or cats. Thankfully, there are a number of foods which are consumed by humans and are also safe for their consumption as well. One has to be very careful while talking care of pets at home as one small mistake or lack of knowledge can put these pooches in trouble. Here is a lit of foods which are safe to be consumed by your pet dogs and cats.
1. Apples – Apples contain vitamin C and A and are great for your pet dog or cat. It also has fibre that helps in their digestion.
2. Dairy products (in small quantity)– Dairy products like milk, cheese, curd, etc can be given but only in small quantity. But there could be dogs who cannot tolerate lactose and should not be given.
3. Chicken – Plain and bland boiled chicken provides great nutrition to the pets. They are not good for their health, but also give a healthy hair coat.
4. Peanut butter (in moderation) – Peanut butter which is unsalted and does not have any added sugar, can be given to your pets. But just make sure that it is given once in a while and in moderation.
5. Bananas – Bananas are rich in magnesium which makes it great for their bone health. Again they must be consumed in moderation as they are high on sugar content.
6. Water melon – The fruit is rich in vitamin C, A and B6 and its high water content helps to keep them hydrated. Make sure you remove the seeds.
7. Eggs – Eggs need to be cooked in any form and is a great source of protein. Make sure that you never given them raw eggs.
8. Honey – Honey is a great food that helps to improve their immune system.
9. Coconut milk/oil – This contains lauric acid that helps to destroy any virus and bacteria. It also helps to get rid of bad breath issues.
Photo Credits: Pixabay