The coronavirus pandemic led to a number of nations declaring a complete lockdown that completely stopped the economic activities. As a result a number of people also lost their jobs as the companies could not function as usual. Many people were forced to remain at home for a couple of months as a preventive and safety measure so that the spread of the virus could be avoided. But due to that a number of people suffered from depression anxiety issues. Sadly many people do not even realize that they suffer from depression or are scared to share in front of others as they fear they would be judged. Here are a few symptoms that you should look for and everyone should know.
While different people have different symptoms, some of them are common like change in sleep patterns, feeling of hopelessness and helplessness, loss of interest in everyday activities, unexplained weight loss or weight gain, irritability, feeling of guilt, headaches, stomach aches, suicidal thoughts, extreme mood swings and fatigue.
Ways to deal with it
1. Reach out – The person who is depressed has a high tendency to isolate themselves. One has to be careful to reach out and talk to someone you trust.
2. Exercise – The condition tends to make the person lazy. Regular exercising helps to improve mental health and also makes the person feel confident and better.
3. Avoid caffeine or high sugary foods – Caffeine gives you a temporary boost to the nervous system and it can have an adverse effect on health.
4. Pick up a hobby – Indulge in something you always wanted to do. Like it could be learning a dance form or gardening.
5. Eat healthy – Eat foods that are rich in vitamin B, protein and Omega 3 fatty acids.
6. Seek professional help – Lastly seek professional help, if things are still not working out. Medical professionals can work like wonder. There are also many helpline numbers and forums that provide help and support.
Photo Credits: Pixabay