There are many people who face chronic constipation issues. A number of people suffer from this problem and need to visit doctors frequently. Some also take medicines which have laxatives and help to soften the stools. Some of the symptoms include discomfort while going to the washroom, abdominal bloating and pain. Not many are aware that instead of taking medicines, there are also some natural home remedies that can be done to ease the problem.
1. Drink ample water – When the body becomes dehydrated, it leads to constipation. Instead of plain water, people can also opt for sparkling water or soda which is more effective than plain water.
2. Include fibre in diet – There are a number of foods like whole grains, fibrous vegetables and fruits which have plenty of fibre in it. Fibre helps to increase the bulk and makes the bowel movement easy.
3. Regular exercise – Doctor have always suggested people with constipation issues to exercise regularly as it helps to reduce the symptoms of constipation.
4. Drink coffee – Coffee has a compound that stimulates the muscles in the digestive system and is good for people who suffer from this issue. Apart from the bowel movement, coffee also contains some fibre that creates a balance of the gut bacteria.
5. Reduce dairy productions consumption – You need not stop the consumption of dairy products completely but just for some time and see the difference. The dairy products often create such a problem.
6. Consume nuts and seeds – Nuts and seeds are rich in fibre and including them in the diet can help in the digestion system and relieve the problem.
7. Epsom salt bath – You can have Epsom salt bath on a regular basis as it soothes the sore muscles and loosens the hard stool.
8. Mineral oils – Mineral oils are considered as a natural laxative allows easy movement of the bowel. It helps to lock the moisture. Flaxseed oil and olive oil can be beneficial for this purpose.
Photo Credits: Pixabay