Ageing is a process which cannot be avoided, but there are many people wish to look young and don’t want that to show it on their face, no matter what figure it is. Ageing affects the skin first and it becomes unavoidable due to the kind of lifestyle many people have adopted. Factors like unhealthy diet, improper sleep patterns and stress lead to a weakened immune system and lead to ageing and show it in the form of wrinkles on the skin. The skin is like the protective layer from the outside environment so it is the first organ to be affected. Here are a few tips that can be adopted while protecting the skin from ageing and wrinkles.
1. Exfoliate your skin regularly – Exfoliation is essential for the skin as you are allowing your skin to breathe from all the dirt and dust that accumulates on it. Do it at least twice a week as it sheds the dead skin and speeds up the growth of a new one. It also helps to maintain the radiance on the skin.
2. Protect your skin from the sun – Sun damages the skin and it is always better to step out half an hour after you have applied a good sunscreen lotion. You can also cover your face with a scarf.
3. Use cleansers which are gentle – Use cleansers which are gentle instead of the harsh products which can damage the skin.
4. Exercise regularly – People after 30 years of age should exercise regularly and the skin starts to age after this point. Regular exercise can prevent the skin from sagging.
5. Drink plenty of water – Water helps to flush off the toxins from the body and also helps in digestion and regulates the body temperature.
6. Take ample sleep – A god night sleep of at least 7 to 8 hours helps to keep the skin glowing and ageing away.
Photo Credits: Pixabay