The body metabolism and the immunity rely on your gut heath. If the intestines are not healthy then they can lead to a number of health issues. It all depends on what you are eating and how your lifestyle is. The body also has millions of bacteria and most of it is in the intestines and they are important for the overall health. To have a healthy gut health you need to consume some healthy foods. But there are also foods that should be avoided and might not be good for the gut health.
1. Citrus fruits – This can be surprising as citrus fruits are beneficial for the health of the intestines but if they are consumed in excess it could lead to digestive issues.
2. Beans – Beans are otherwise good for the overall health, but it can also cause formation of gases and cramping. It is tough for the body to digest and it can lead to digestive issues. You can avoid this by soaking the dries beans for several hours before cooking them.
3. Diet Soda – Diet sodas contain a lot of artificial sweeteners and have the ability to alter the function of the intestines. It can also disturb the balance of the good and the bad bacteria in the system and can lead to health problems.
4. Fried food items – Deep fried or fried food items surely taste great but can promote the growth of harmful bacteria in the gut. Such foods are cooked in saturated fats and contain trans fats and have the tendency to irritate the stomach. It can also conditions like diarrhea, gas or stomach ache.
5. Farmed fish – In the farm fishes, anti-biotics are used and this can have a negative effect on the microbes of the intestines. This leads to an imbalance of the bacteria in the body.
Overall, it is very important to consume food that is healthy and less oily. Fried foods and other processed foods should be avoided.
Photo Credits: Pixabay