The coronavirus pandemic has led to a lockdown situation in many countries and had forced many people to remain at homes as a safety measure. While many are at their homes during the lockdown, some might still be busy as they are handling the household chores and are also working from home, but other people like students and other youngsters might be facing a tough time to sleep in the night. This can be due to a number of reasons, like anxiety as to what would happen or lack of physical activity. Here are a few tips that can be helpful during the lockdown to fall asleep.
1. Limit screen time – Lockdown has pulled many people towards the OTT platforms like Netflix or Amazon Prime. But if you want to have a good night sleep, you need to limit the screen time.
2. Avoid tea/coffee during evening time – Tea and coffee are stimulants for the brain and consumption of them during the evening time can affect your sleep.
3. Have a regular sleep schedule – Maintain a sleep schedule throughout the week as it will help to reduce the problem of insomnia.
4. Engage in hobbies – Since it is a lockdown, you can pick up hobbies that you always wanted to indulge in and also helps to reduce stress and gives you a better sleep.
5. Avoid watching news channels – It is good to be updated, but watching more of the news channels can worsen stress levels and affect your sleep patterns.
6. Exercise – Now that you are not working, it is time to give your body some workout. You can workout at home and also take the stairs to do some cardio exercises.
7. Practice meditation and yoga – Meditation is the best way to deal with Meditation is the best way to deal with our sleep issues. There are guided meditations which are available online and you can also practice yoga.
Photo Credits: Pixabay