Fenugreek leaves and seeds are both beneficial for the health and is a common ingredient that is used in the Asian cuisine. They have a number of nutrients including folic acids, dietary fibre, Vitamin B6, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and minerals like iron, copper, calcium, magnesium and more. However, since it is a strong herb, it is recommended to consume it in limits. Here are a few health benefits of con summing fenugreek seeds.
1. Reduces the risk of cancer – Fenugreek seeds have anti-carcinogenic properties and is helpful in preventing colon cancer and breasts cancer. Soak a spoonful of fenugreek seeds in water overnight and consume the water the next day.
2. Prevents and lowers hunger pangs – The seeds are rich in soluble fibre which helps to make you feel full for a longer time. Fenugreek can be soaked in water and can be made in to a curry so that it tastes good. It has a bitter taste but is highly beneficial for overall health.
3. Beneficial for people with type 1 and type 2 diabetes – As mentioned earlier, it has a lot of soluble fibre which helps to lower the blood sugar levels and also helps to slow down the rate of sugar that is absorbed in the blood. People with diabetes can consume this on a regular basis.
4. Helps on controlling cholesterol levels – Fenugreek has content that decreases the absorption of Triglyceride that is found in fatty foods. Bad cholesterol levels can make things bad for the heart as it can block the arteries leading to life threatening conditions like stroke or a heart attack.
5. Rich in anti-oxidants – Fenugreek seeds are rich in anti-oxidants which helps to flush out the toxins which are inside the body. Flushing out toxins helps to improve digestion. People who have digestion issues can consume this in moderation for better results.
Photo Credits: Pixabay