Aloe Vera is a desert plant that has originated from the Arabian Peninsula and is used mainly by cosmetic companies and is also widely used by people for medicinal purposes. It has medicinal properties and can treat conditions like constipation and diabetes. It looks like a cactus and can also be grown indoor. Apart from medicinal properties, the plant also has a number of benefits for the hair. Here are a few hair benefits of aloe vera.
1. Prevents hair fall – hair fall has become a common problem and aloe vera can prove to be a blessing. The flesh of the aloe vera can be applied directly to the scalp on a daily basis. It helps to repair the dead skin on the scalp and reduces hair fall issues remarkably.
2. Works as a great hair serum – People who have frizzy hair issues or are tired of frizzy hair, can apply the transparent gel inside the leaves to the hair directly. Apply the gel from the scalp to the end of the tips. It can be left as such the entire day making your hair look manageable, soft and smooth.
3. Works as a great conditioner – Pollution and dirt in the urban areas affects hair and leaves it looking dull and frizzy. Applying the gel portion of the leaves can make it smooth and shiny. It gives much better results than the most expensive conditioner available in the market.
4. Promotes healthy scalp – Application of aloe vera on a daily basis to the scalp can make the scalp healthy and also promotes hair growth.
5. Treats dandruff – Dandruff is most caused due to dryness. Apply the gel of the plant on the scalp on an everyday basis. It hydrates the scalp and prevents occurrence of dandruff.
Aloe Hair mask
Mix equal quantities of aloe vera gel and extra virgin coconut oil together and apply it on the scalp and to the length of your hair. Leave it on for as long as possible and wash off with luke warm water and a mild shampoo. Apply this once a week to have a healthy hair growth.
Photo Credits: Pixabay