A new report published in the journal circulation has revealed that 48 percent of the American adults suffer from some kind of cardiovascular disease. The heart diseases claim lives of 1 in 3 American women and has become a leading cause of death in the country. This means that the prevention of heart diseases must now become a priority for everyone. Here are a few heart disease prevention tips which can be easy and fun too.
1. Take up household chores – It is the easiest way to get yourself up and move around while doing some household chores. You can pick up your vacuum cleaner and clean the carpets and rugs and do this more often. Research suggests that moving around for just 30 minutes per day, even if you are just sweeping, can help in reducing the risk of heart disease by 24 percent.
2. Find some time to workout – When it comes to workout, you might think that activities like walking and running is best. But the fact is that when it comes to reduce the risk of heart disease, researchers found that static activity is the best. This means that you can opt for strength training and other similar activities even if it is for 5 minutes. This way you can also save time.
3. Opt for heart –healthy foods – There are plenty of options to chose from when it comes to food that is good for the heart. In order to maintain a good health of the heart, eat foods which are rich in Omega 3 that are found in Chia seeds, pomegranates, Flax Seeds, avocados and others.
4. Increase intake of polyphenol – They are found in fruits, vegetables and drinks like red wine and the earlier research has found that eating a diet that are rick in polyphenols can help in preventing heart diseases.
5. Eat eggs – Some might be surprised but they do provide some benefits to the heart. One of the studies has found that eating an egg in a day lowers the risk of developing a heart disease.
Photo Credits: Pixabay