Wish to de-stress at work? Find out how with these stress buster activities for office.
Has your office turned you into a walking stressed out zombie? Then its time to consider a few stress buster activities that you can practice at your workplace itself.
A little bit of stress might be a motivational dose for many, however, when the strain and pressure gets to much to handle, it not only hampers your work, but also your health.
Here are 5 easy stress busting activities for office.
1. Take a walk – Sitting at your desk for long hours has been linked to increased risk of cardiovascular diseases and bad posture. Instead of being cooped up at your desk for 4 hours straight, make sure to freshen your mind with a short walk out in the fresh air. This will help take your mind of things and also give you a breather in-between hectic schedules.
2. Doodle – This might not be a stress relief solution for everyone, but doodling can be an effective way to take a break. Whether it is artistic sketches or just random zig-zag lines, doodling can help you take your mind off work for a while and relive stress.
3. Talk to a friend – Talking to a near and dear friend can often help cope with stress. Just a few minutes of talking about non-work related issues or sharing a joke can be a great stress buster.
4. Relax your eyes – An office desk without a screen is as absurd as a kitchen without a pan! In order to relax your strained out eyes, rub your palms till they feel warm and then place them over your eyes. The warmth and darkness will relax your eyes. Try a little deep breathing along with this.
5. Listen to music – Tired of all the chitter chatter around you or maybe, the opposite – pin drop silence in office! Plug-in your headphones and listen to your favorite song, this will not only provide a different stimulus to your brain, but will give you a break from the monotony.