White clothes are the most difficult ones to maintain as they are easily stained and washing them becomes a herculean task. Here are a few tips by which washing white clothes will no more be a pain in the neck.
1. Wash Separately: Always wash white clothes separately and never mix them with coloured clothes in the machine or tub. If they are put together it can lead to color transfer. If not color transfer, then the white clothes might seem darker.
2. Use Hot Water: Many of us might not know that hot water is the best while washing white clothes. It not just helps to make them whiter but also saves your energy in rubbing away the stains or yellowness. Hot water also helps to kill all the bacteria in the clothes.
3. Use Lemon: During the last wash, squeeze some lemon juice in to the water with the white clothes. This will help to remove the stains and will also help it to maintain its color.
4. Baking soda and vinegar: Make a mixture of baking soda and vinegar to remove the stains from white clothes.
5. Bleach: Bleach is usually used for making clothes whiter, but it mainly works as a disinfectant. Make sure that you do not use bleach on clothes which are worn by people who have sensitive skin as it might cause rashes or irritation.
Photo Credits: Kamiceria