Updated Trends: There are varieties of dog breeds that one can find in the world. Every breed has a history behind and it it due to this history behind them,that the breed becomes costlier. Yet people who are fond of dogs do not mind spending money to get an adorable pooch at home. Here are the top five expensive dogs in the world.
1. Yorkshire Terrier – As the name suggests the breed had originated in Yorkshire. The terrier is intelligent as well as affectionate and makes a great family dog. The Yorkshire Terrier costs between $4,000 and $7,000.
2. Maltese – The dog is a toy breed that has originated in Malta. They are cuddly and playful and seek more attention from their masters. Since they are small in sizes, they can do well in urban areas and apartments. The Maltese costs between $1,500 and $2,500.
3. Pharoah Hound – It is the national dog of Malta in the Mediterranean. These hounds are known for their cat like nature and bond deeply with their masters. They cost between $2,000 and $3,000.
4. Rottweiler – The breed has originated from Germany and was basically used to guard the live stock. They cost between $10,000 to $15,000.
5. Tibetan Mastiff – The breed is a very old one and is the most costly of all. It had originated in Central Asia and the translated name means Home Guard. Such breeds cost around $35,000.