Updated Trends: In the world of cars today, super sports cars always tend to stand apart from the crowd and the only reason behind this is that they are fast – really fast. These cars are not cheap to drive and only the best drivers have known to control these beasts. So which are the top 5 fastest cars in the world?
5) McLaren F1: It is not an Formula 1 car, but has its DNA linked with one for sure. It was known to be one of the fastest cars on the planet and also the most expensive one, but as years passed there were many who trampled its title. Top speed – 240 mph.
4) Koenigsegg CCX: A pure Swedish monster, built on four wheels and an engine that has enough power to shoot this car into space. At $546,000 it is one of the most expensive cars made in Europe, exquisite style and performance has no words to utter. Top Speed – 245 mph.
3) Saleen S7 Twin Turbo:Made in the US, it was predicted to be the fastest car in the world that has ever gone into production, but it has always been seen that American cars have dropped out when European beasts are unleashed. It has great style and looks and costs more than half a million dollars. Top Speed – 248 mph.
2) SSC Ultimate Aero: It is a car right out from the Transformers movie and has the substantial power to beat every car on the street today. Costs over $650,000 and has 1,183 bhp under its hood, it flies like a space shuttle, but on earth and not in space. Top
Speed – 257 mph.
1) Bugatti Veyron: The Bugatti Veyron is demon on four wheels, but looks as beautiful as an angel from heaven. It has a W16 engine built by Volkswagen, which makes this German car fly like a meteorite. A 1001 bhp from its engine makes it run as it would break the sound barrier. The most expensive and fastest car today, it is an ultimate legend. Top Speed – 267 mph.