During the spring and the summer season, it is not just the temperature but even the pollen counts go up that tend to make people prone to allergies. The skin needs special attention during a warm weather despite the fact that you now needs fewer skin products. One has to understand, that you need to be aware of what to drop and what to pick up in terms of skincare. Here are a few skincare tips that you need to take care during a warm weather.
- Continue to wear sunscreen – Sunscreen is a skincare product that you should be wearing the entire year. During the warm months, the UVA and the UVB rays are more intense and the damage could accumulate over the lifetime. An exposure of about 10 to 15 minutes can also cause a significant damage.
- Get rid of the old skin products – Many people tend to overuse their skin products. Yu need to remember that the skin products also come with an expiry date and most of them last for about a year after which they should be disposed.
- Exfoliate – Instead of once in a week, during the warm months, you can do it at least twice a week to remove the dull dead skin cells. Dead skin when combined with sweat and dirt can clog the pores and could lead to acne.
- Reduce your make-up – Avoid heavy foundations or concealers that could build up and cause breakouts. During this time of the year, you can switch to lighter products like CC creams or just mineral powder foundation that would help to balance the extra oil production.
- Reduce use of lotion – Winter is a time when the skin needs heavy lotions to deal with the dry and cold weather. During the warm season, you could switch to lighter lotions that provide enough moisture the skin needs or it could lead to clogged pores.
Photo Credits: Pixabay