The beginning of the month starts with grocery shopping and we often tend to buy things that we predict could be useful, but they end up occupying space. They are not just occupying space but have also cost you a lot of cash. Here is a list of things that you could avoid spending on and help you to save some cash.
1. Plastic bags – These plastic bags are indeed handy to take lunch or store leftover food or fresh vegetables. But you can replace then with reusable boxes that can be used to take lunch or store food in the refrigerator.
2. TV Cable – The times have changed and there are a number of services these days including Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and YouTube. The cable cost is much higher than what you spend on the subscriptions.
3. Paper towels and napkins – Paper towels and napkins can be replaced with microfiber cloths that can be reused. You can invest in pretty cloth napkins instead of staking up paper towels.
4. Unnecessary kitchen gadgets –There are a number of kitchen gadgets that we are tempted to bu. For instance, an egg cracker, egg boiler, sprout maker and more such similar things that will end up not being used for a long time.
5. Bottled water – You can end up paying about $4 for a bottled water. Instead you can invest in a water filter and carry a reusable bottle. This can help you to save a lot of water.
6. Branded items – Branded items are always expensive than the generic ones. They are priced due to their brand value. You can save a lot of cash buying generic items instead of the branded ones.
7. In-app purchases – When you are playing a game, you could be tempted to make an in-app purchase to buy those extra lives or goodies. This could become a habit and make you spend a lot.
Photo Credits: Pixabay