Guava is a fruit that has a number of nutrients and is very beneficial for health when consumed on a regular basis. The fruit is packed with Vitamins C,E and A along with the nutrients like phosphorus, fibre, Magnesium and anti-oxidants. Apart from an improved digestive system, it also has a number of other health benefits. Here are some of the health benefits of drinking guava juice on a regular basis.
1. Improves immunity of the body – Since Guava has vitamin C, it is helpful in strengthening the immunity system and helps to keep the diseases at bay. It also helps to keep cold and cough away and aids in fighting infections.
2. Helpful in weight loss – The fruit contains plenty of fibre and is low on calories. Since it is high on vitamins and minerals, the body gets enough of it and the calories consumed by the body is less. This helps the body to shed the extra kilos with ease.
3. Reduces anxiety and stress – Since the fruit contains plenty of magnesium, it helps the muscles of the body to relax. As the muscles of the body relax it also helps to reduce the anxiety levels or uneasiness.
4. Good for the skin – Since the fruit juice is rich in vitamins and minerals, it helps to nourish the skin and brings a glow on the face. It has anti-bacterial properties that helps to reduce pimples and fine lines on the face.
5. Treats loose motions – The fruit has nutrients like potassium and anti-microbial properties that are helpful in reducing the symptoms of digestive disorders like loose motions. However, it has to be kept in mind that any fruit should not be eaten in excess.
Note – It is better to make fresh guava juice at home instead of the packaged ones that have additives and artificial flavors. Make the juice at home and add some ice cubes and garnish it with some fresh mint leaves.
Photo Credits: Pixabay