Winter time brings a tough time for the skin as well as the hair. It is even more challenging for people who have curls and maintaining them and keeping them away from dryness and frizz becomes a challenge. Before the winter season advances, start pampering your hair with a few simple tips and tricks that do not consume a lot of time. Here are a few easy hair care tips for the curly hair during winter season.
1. Steam – Since it is winter, you can treat your hair by giving some stream at least once a week. It helps to lock the moisture and prevents hair damage. If you don’t have a steamer, then even a humidifier can work.
2. Conditioning – Winter is a time when the curls need some extra conditioning. After shampoo, never forget to use a conditioner as it helps to provide all the essential proteins and nutrients. It also helps to leave the hair moisturized.
3. Avoid products with honey, fructose, glycerin etc. – Make sure that you avoid hair products that contain ingredients like glycerin, honey, sorbitol or wheat protein as they are good for summer season and make the curly hair dry.
4. Use shampoo for curls – The market has a number of shampoos that have been specifically designed for curly hair.
5. Use luke warm water for hair wash – It is best to use normal or lukewarm water for hair wash. Too much hot water can damage the hair and will make them dry.
6. Oil hair on the ends – The tips of the hair are usually ignored as most of the people concentrate on the nourishment of the roots. It is essential to oil the hair at least twice a week. Make sure that you also oil the ends of the hair generously. This is also one of the main reasons that many people suffer from split ends.
Photo Credits: Pixabay