The Ketogenic diet plan is also known as the Keto diet, which has become popular among the people, who are getting some amazing results because of it. The diet focuses on eliminating the carbs from the foods and also replaces it with protein. Here the body produces energy with the protein. The diet routine has become immensely popular and a number of people are getting great results from it. However, undergoing this diet can cause dehydration and low blood sugar levels that could lead to headache or now popularly known as the Keto headache. Here are a few ways you can avoid a keto diet while you are undergoing the process.
1. Drink plenty of water – While undergoing the keto diet, you can become prone to become dehydrated. Make sure that you are drinking plenty of water. It could be at least 2 litres of water everyday.
2. Limit consumption of alcohol – alcohol can make things worse in case of dehydration. In case of alcohol, it makes you urinate more frequently when dehydrated.
3. Eat electrolytes rich food – consume foods like avocado, spinach, mushrooms, almonds, raw tomatoes, pumpkin seeds and celery as it can keep the electrolytes intact in the body and keep you hydrated.
4. Eat foods which are low on carbs – some of the foods like zucchini, cucumber, celery and cabbage are water rich foods and do not have much carbs.
5. Consume some salt – When you are on a keto diet, make sure that you consume some salt in the food as it will help to keep the electrolytes in the body balanced.
6. Do not indulge in intense workouts – During the initial days of you keto diet, make sure that you do not do any intense workouts as it can create stress in the body and cause a headache.
All of the above tips can help to keep you away from a headache, while you are undergoing a keto diet.
Photo Credits: Pixabay