The coronavirus pandemic forced many people to work from home away from the office buildings and also away from being amidst the colleagues and other team leaders. While work from home might seem to be something that is convenient, it does come with some challenges. These are the circumstances, when the person might be under a pressure to manage the office work as well as the house hold chores. There are all the chances that negativity could hamper your mind and this might even affect your mental health. Here are a few ways to deal with negativity while you are working from home.
1. Proper communication – Communication is the key to complete any task and a lack of it can make things worse. Ineffective communication can lead to frustration and anger among the colleagues. So when you are dealing with colleagues who have reported late for a meeting, instead of shouting at them on a conference call, call them personally and discuss about the problems.
2. Appreciation and recognition – A word of praise and recognition is loved by all and also boosts the confidence and interest of the colleagues of the employees. Team leaders, managers and bosses need to take a note of this and timely appreciate the work of their team members which can make them more productive.
3. Good company culture – Every workplace should have a set of core values and those must be communicated between the employers and the employees. This can also result in a higher productivity level. Building such a culture could take some time, but has good benefits.
4. Recreational activities – Working from home could be boring for some and could also increase the stress in many. You can conduct some online fun activities among the employees so the mood is not shattered and the productivity also remains high.
5. Allow to express– The employees should be allowed to express their opinions as well and it could be about the working hours, working conditions, overtime hours, dress code and more.
Photo Credits: Pixabay