While most of the employees in the world are forced to work remotely at their respective homes as a measure to deal with the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, it has become tough for such people to remain focused. An office has its own atmosphere where there are like minded people with common goals and focuses but when at home there are a number of distractions and there is a kind of comfort level which makes you lazy and less productive. The good news is that there are some simple steps to deal with it. Here are a few tips to remain focused at work and keep away distractions, when you are working from home.
1. Surrender or logout from your social network accounts – These are the biggest culprits of distraction when you are trying to work. So it is better to logout from your social network accounts temporarily so you will not get any notifications that might distract you. Also make sure that you limit to reach out to your mobile phone.
2. Write down your goals of the day – You surely have a target and it is better to write down your goals for the day and it can also include a household chore to be completed apart from your office work. Writing it down makes you more pressurized and more focused towards your work.
3. Manage your time – Since it is a lockdown you might realize that it takes so much less time to complete your everyday goals. It is all about time management. Dedicate the time and give yourself an ultimatum in the day.
4. Do not try to postpone – Do not try to keep things for the next day if you are allowed to do so. It is better to complete it on the day itself as the previous day’s left over can become a burden on you the next day.
5. Make a plan – Make a plan for your goals and follow it accordingly. You know your work the best, which means that it is best to make a plan accordingly which is going to work in your favor.
Photo Credits: Pixabay