A number of lifestyle changes have been seen in children these days and their activities. Parents in recent times have been concerned over the problems like child obesity. Obesity during childhood makes them vulnerable to be overweight during their teenage. Not many are aware that it is connected to many diseases and social problems. One of the actual reasons of childhood obesity is the lack of exposure of children towards healthy food. Here are a few ways parents can protect their children from child obesity.
1. Keep a check on their calorie intake – Keeping a check on their calorie intake will help to keep up habits about healthy food. Encourage them to eat plenty of vegetables, fruits and whole-grain products. Also encourage them to have plenty of water and not sugary fruit juices. Limit the intake of saturated fats.
2. Let the calorie intake be within 100 or less – Calorie intake can be less than 100 or less with the foods like one medium-sized apple, a cup of blueberries, a cup of grapes, a medium sized banana, or vegetables like carrots, broccoli or bell pepper.
3. Encourage your children to be active – You can introduce various activities to your children like jumping rope, dancing, playing tag, soccer playing, swimming and even brisk walking. Also make them play more outdoors and less indoors.
4. Encourage them to do exercise – When your workout, encourage them to do exercise as well as it can help to strengthen their bones and also helps to increase self-esteem. It will also help them to manage a good and healthy body weight.
5. Reduce their screen time – Discourage your children to use devices like smartphones and also reduce their time in front of the Television. It can be good only when they are indulged in studies, otherwise it does not have any benefits. As far as possible encourage children to play outdoors only which will protect them from childhood obesity.
Photo Credits: Pixabay