Many people love to take care of their plants as if they are their babies. But there are many people who face issues due to bug attacks on the houseplants and struggle to keep them looking fresh and healthy. There are a few chemical based insecticides which are available in the market and can be sprayed on the plants to keep them safe from bugs. But there are also a few natural insecticides which azre not just easy to make but are also easy to apply.
1. Neem oil – Neem oil has anti-fungal properties and helps to keep away mites, aphids, scale and other insects that eat away the plants. It is an old remedy which is effective and is also easily available.
2. Soap water – You just need to mix 5 tablespoons of dish soap with 4 cups of water and store it in a bottle. You can spray this mixture to the plants and will dehydrate the spider mites and aphids.
3. Beer – Alcohol based beer can be used to kill snails and slugs. Such insects tend to damage the roots and leaves of the plants. Even grape juice and orange rinds work as a good insecticide.
4. Garlic – Garlic is a spice which is known for its pungent smell and also keeps away the bugs. You can insert garlic cloves in the soil and the plant will get rid of the bugs.
5. Alcohol spray – You need to take 2 cups of 70 percent isopropyl alcohol and mix it with one part of water to make a solution. This solution can be sprayed on the plants to keep it bug free.
6. Nicotine treatment – Tobacco leaves are easily available these days. You just need to make nicotine tea. It can be made by crushing dried and crushed tobacco leaves in 1 litre of water and mix half a teaspoon of dish soap. Strain the solution and spray it on the plants to get rid of the insects that are chewing the leaves.
Photo Credits: Pixabay