Black and white pepper come from the fruit of the pepper plant but is processed differently. White and black peppers are good for health but some of the characters of white pepper are better than the black one. There are a number of benefits of white pepper which includes weight loss, digestive problems, dental problems and even cold and flu. Here are a few health benefits of consuming white pepper.
1. Helps in weight loss – White pepper contains capsaicin which helps to burn the fat inside the body. Burning of fat ultimately helps in weight loss. This is also the reason why most of the weight loss medications contain capsaicin.
2. Helps to deal with pain related issues – Like mentioned before, white pepper contains capsaicin which generates heat. The heat characteristic of it helps in relieving pain. It is also used in a number of pain-relieving gels and sprays. When white pepper is used , it generates heat on the area which is affected and helps to reduce pain.
3. Good for skin – White pepper can be used to exfoliate dead cells from the skin. It also contains anti-oxidants like flavonoids, which helps to improve blood circulation and gives the skin a healthy glow while making it look younger and radiant.
4. Good for bone health – The spice also contains other minerals like copper, manganese and magnesium which contribute to improve bone health. Consumption of the spice is essential for women especially over the age of 30 as the bones tend to become weaker after this age.
5. Good for digestion – It helps to prevent formation of gases in the intestines. It also improves the formation of hydrochloric secretion in the stomach and makes the digestion process in the stomach easy.
6. Good to control blood pressure – The spice contains Vitamin C and A which helps to keep the blood pressure under control. People who suffer from high blood pressure can include the spice in their diet.
Photo Credits: Pixabay