Vitamins and minerals are essential for the overall proper functioning of the body. Out of this Vitamin A is one of the important vitamins that plays a vital role in the immunity and vision. Though there are supplements available in the market that can do the needful but is always better to get the natural source through foods. Here are the foods that work as a good source of Vitamin A.
1. Spinach – All green and leafy vegetables are always rich in vitamins and minerals. Spinach in particular is stuffed with Vitamin A. It helps to make the body immune from infections especially during winter months. However, one has to make sure that you consume greens which are grown organically to get most benefits.
2. Carrots – Since childhood parents have always insisted on eating carrots as they are good for the eye sight. Carrots are one of the great sources of Vitamin A and also contain beta-carotene, which is a healthy variant and also an anti-oxidant.
3. Papaya – Papaya is a fruit that might not be good in terms of taste, but is packed with plenty of vitamins. It provides about 30 percent of the everyday recommended content of Vitamin A. TO make the taste better, it can be added to smoothies or eat them as a fruit.
4. Pumpkin – Pumpkin heavily rich in Vitamin A as just 100 grams of pumpkin fulfills 170 percent of the everyday Vitamin A requirement. They can be consumed in form of soups, pies or snacks.
5. Grapefruit – Grapefruit is another fruit which might not be good in terms of taste but is a good source of Vitamin A. It is good to improve the immunity of the body.
6. Sweet potatoes – Sweet potatoes are also high on Vitamin A and the best part is that they do not contain much calories. They can be the best option for those who are trying to lose weight.
Photo Credits: Pixabay