If you are feeling tired and are unable to focus, but do not know the reason behind it, remember what you have been eating lately. As everything you eat has some kind of effect on your energy levels, there are foods that take away your energy, so it is best to avoid them.
1. Turkey – It is a well-known fact that turkey makes you feel tired and the reason behind it is that turkey contains tryptophan, which is the amino acid that helps in relaxing your body. This does not mean that you cannot have a turkey sandwich every now and then, but keep track of how often turkey is on your menu.
2. Red meat – As red meat takes longer to digest than most other foods, your body then has to use more energy in order to break down red meat than it would need for a piece of chicken or fish.
3. Fried foods – As fried foods such as French fries are very fatty, it will take your body a lot more energy to digest them. By eating fried foods, you are surely depriving your body of energy.
4. Bread – It contains carbohydrates and causes the body to quickly change its blood sugar levels. This means that one minute you are feeling good and full of energy, while the next minute you are completely drained.
5. Pasta – It contains starch, which is stored in our body as a sugar. When your blood sugar levels increase, your body immediately releases insulin, which in turn causes your blood sugar levels to drop significantly.
Photo Credits: Eats Dulwich